Friday, February 3, 2012

2 Weeks and Counting...




Okay, so I'm almost to the end of my second week on a gluten free diet and things are looking up! I feel much better (with the occasional headache or frustration-I think both of these are normal with 2 small kids, right?)! It feels like I can actually think a little clearer, I have more energy, and I'm just all around in a better mood. I did have some cravings this week for Zaxby's and Chicken Run (a local fast food restaurant here), but I overcame it. 



Also, just an interesting fact...my husband was in a hurry and forgot his GF breakfast & lunch this morning (I can't imagine remembering anything at 4:30 in the morning), so he ate a biscuit for breakfast and Subway for lunch. By the time he got home (around 4pm) he had to go lie down. He said he felt so nauseous, had a headache, and just felt lousy. I truly believe this is because of the diet. Now, he may not necessarily have Celiac Disease, but I think that he must have a sensitivity to gluten. It only makes sense!

I know that I was really slack about getting my menu up this week so I've included it at the end of this post. I will try to post some of the recipes and reviews this weekend. I am also working on a series of blog posts concerning my autoimmune diseases.


Week of: January 30-February 5, 2012
       
  Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Monday Pumpkin Bread White Chili Frito Pie
  Strawberries Apple  
Tuesday Strawberry Smoothie Greek Pasta Salad Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
    Banana Salad
Wednesday Bacon & Eggs Greek Pasta Salad Chicken Fajitas 
    Apple (glutenfreehub.com)
Thursday Pancakes Cheese Quesadilla Garlic Lime Chicken
  Strawberries w/ Corn Tortillas (recipes.sparkpeople.com
Friday Apple  Coffee Cake Chicken & Rice Cauliflower Pizzas
  (crockpot365)   (recipegirl.com)
Saturday Bacon & Eggs Hamburgers Kung Pao Chicken
    & Chips  (glutenfreemommy.com)
Sunday Muffins Angel Chicken Leftovers/Cereal
  (ichef.com) (food.com)  

No comments:

Post a Comment