Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mayo-less Chicken Salad (Recipe Review)

I've been wanting to try this chicken salad recipe from Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom and I finally made it today. My review is that the dressing was a little too bland to me. I don't know what it needed (I'm definitely not a chef), but it was missing something. I think the macadamia nuts just made it a little too dry, but then the oil made it a little too oily. I really liked the combination of the chives, chicken, & cherries though. I will make this again, but probably put a simple red-wine vinaigrette dressing instead. Here's the recipe for you to try-I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions on what you think!

The BEST Mayo-Free Chicken Salad
From: Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom


Ingredients:
5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (Already Cooked)
1/2 Cup Diced Scallions
1 Cup Dried Cherries (Gluten Free)

Macadamia Dressing:
1 Cup Macadamia Nuts
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2/3 Cup Olive Oil

Directions (for the Dressing)
Combine nuts, garlic, & salt in blender and blend until smooth. Add in olive oil and blend until creamy. Combine chicken, scallions, and cherries into a bowl and pour about 1/2 of the dressing in and combine.


No comments:

Post a Comment