Monday, January 23, 2012

Going Gluten Free-Week 1

Okay, so after many autoimmune issues (which I'll address in another post) I've decided-with my doctor's permission- to try a gluten free diet. I thought this blog would be a great way to express my struggles and opinions regarding gluten free products, recipes, and benefits. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. From what I've found in my research, going GF will help with fatigue, mood, stomach issues, eye issues, joint pain and many other symptoms that many people with autoimmune diseases face. A big concern that I have is that many GF products are very expensive and we are a low-income household. My goal at the grocery store this week is to find affordable options for staple items that I can use (plus snacks-you gotta have those, right?). Here is my food menu for this week (Monday's breakfast and lunch is missing since I haven't been to the store yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment