Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And the Beat Goes On...

Well, it's day #2 with my gluten free diet and it actually hasn't been as hard as I thought (of course, it is only day 2). This morning I made pancakes for breakfast from the GF Bisquick mix and just used the recipe on the back. The recipe was easy and the girls each ate 2 plus a banana! I know it may be in my head (probably), but I actually felt a little better today. My eyes are still bothering me, but I physically feel better and was able to do a little more today.

I thought I would go ahead and post the recipe that I made for supper tonight. It's easy, simple, and so healthy!

I know, my picture taking skills are awful, but you get the idea
Greek Pasta Salad with Chicken
Adapted from: Celiac Family

Ingredients:
1 8oz box of Rice Spiral Pasta
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
McCormick Chicken Grilling Spices
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Medium Tomato
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Small Head of Broccoli
1 Jar Kalamato Olives (really any olives would work)
4oz Feta Cheese Crumbles

Dressing:
3/4 C Canola Oil
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
2 packets True Lemon
1 Tsp Oregano
2 Cloves Minced Garlic


Directions:
Boil Pasta according to package directions. Add Butter to a heated skillet. Clean chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle McCormick spice on both side of chicken then add to skillet on medium heat (Cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center).


While pasta and chicken are cooking, wash and cut your vegetables.


Drain pasta and rinse with cool water. Slice chicken into bitesized pieces. Combine all ingredients for dressing and whisk together (I just made my dressing in the large bowl that I would serve out of.


Add in vegetables, cheese, chicken, olives, then pasta. Toss to coat in the dressing. So easy!


I loved this recipe because I know that I can easily whip it up for a light lunch or dinner and just throw whatever vegetables I have on hand. Everyone enjoyed this and there's plenty left over for lunch tomorrow! Yay me!



3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I absolutely love my gluten free lifestyle. I have some gluten free recipes on my blog actually. I've been doing this for over a year now, so please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. www.sewingourlifetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you're interested, I have some amazing pancake recipes that are whole grain, gluten free, and a LOT healthier than the GF bisquick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I would love to hear your recipes for the pancakes. I'm currently researching diy pancake, biscuit, and waffle mixes. The ones are the store are pretty costly. My email address is: bmheaton23@aol.com. I would appreciate any recipes you could share!

      Delete